Welcare Stay-Dry Bedwetting Alarm
- You are supporting a community pharmacy
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Our Welcare Stay-Dry Children’s Upper Arm Bedwetting Alarm BWA100 uses behavioural techniques to train your child out of bedwetting (Nocturnal Enuresis).
- Bedwetting alarms have been found to be one of the most effective methods of training a child out of bedwetting
- When the child wets the bed, a moisture-sensitive alarm will sound and/or vibrate
- Helps the child to recognise and respond to the sensation of a full bladder while asleep
- User Friendly, Light & Compact
- Adjustable Arm Band
- Sound & Vibration Mode
- Vibration Only Mode
- LED Light Indicator
- USB Rechargeable Battery with Charging Cable
- Progress Chart & Stickers
- 1 Year Warranty
Bedwetting (or Nocturnal Enuresis) is common in children and young people. Alarm Treatment is a common and effective method of training children and young people out of bedwetting.
The Welcare Stay-Dry Bedwetting Alarm resembles a child’s watch and operates as a bedwetting alarm which can be worn on either of the child’s arms. The alarm has two sensors which discreetly loop through the sleeve of the pyjamas, through to the underwear in order to detect any droplets of urine.
When the sensor reacts to wetness an alarm will sound – waking the child up to alert them that they need to use the toilet. The alarm will then stop to allow the child to use the toilet and return to sleep.
Using the Progress Chart (see ‘Instruction Manuals Tab’) you can track your child’s progress and introduce a reward scheme for positive continence behaviour to encourage the child to want to succeed.
Over time, the child will learn to associate the feeling of a full bladder with needing to wake up and go to the toilet, and others will learn to ‘hold on’ and will continue sleeping without releasing their bladder.
When the child remains dry for fourteen nights in a row, the bedwetting alarm is no longer needed. When the bedwetting alarm has not been used and the child still manages to keep dry, the training is considered successful.
The Welcare Stay-Dry Bedwetting Alarm is an advanced device that makes use of miniature electronics. The currents being used in the sensors to measure humidity are extremely low and therefore absolutely safe. The Trainer adheres to all required medical standards.
Suitable for boys & girls ages 5 years+. Read the enclosed instructions as directed to avoid strangulation risk. Not recommended for children under 5 years of age.
WARNING – KEEP BATTERIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Swallowing may lead to serious injury in as little as 2 hours or death, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the oesophagus.
- If you suspect your child has swallowed or inserted a button battery immediately call the 24-hour Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 (Australia) or
0800 764 766(New Zealand) for fast, expert advice.
- Examine devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured, e.g. that the screw or other mechanical fastener is tightened. Do not use if compartment is not secure.
- Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely. Flat batteries can still be dangerous.
- Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe.
*Your healthcare professional will advise you whether this product is suitable for you/ your condition. Always read the label and instructions. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.