Piksters Orthodontic Wax Value Pack
- You are supporting a community pharmacy
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
Piksters Wax for Orthodontics & Braces Mint Twin Pack
Orthodontic brackets and wires can sometimes cause temporary irritation and ulceration of the tongue and the lips. Orthodontic wax acts as a barrier between your braces and your lips, cheek, or tongue. It is an opaque substance that becomes soft and malleable, allowing it to be placed around the offending bracket to stop it from irritating your cheek.
Your child will not require orthodontic wax for the entirety of their treatment. They should use it as an aid to ease discomfort for small periods of time. As they get used to the sensation of braces being in your mouth, the soft tissues toughen up to create a resistance against the rubbing.
If the wire continues to protrude or become out of place, contact your orthodontist so that they can adjust it.
Piksters Orthodontic wax was developed to protect against irritation, pain and ulceration caused by orthodontic brackets and wires.
Subtle Mint Flavour
To relieve irritation and help ulcers heal, use as follows:
1. Pinch off a piece of wax approximately 8mm long. This is a rough guide only, use as much wax as necessary.
2. Roll the wax into a ball with your fingers.
3. Identify the irritating orthodontic bracket or wire and push the ball of wax back over it and pack it around the wire that it grips on.
4. Use your finger to shape the lump of wax so that the surface is relatively flat and feels smooth to your lips and / or tongue.
Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.